Cycle the University Boat Race River Thames route on this beer tasting bike adventure through lesser known parts of London. Cross the River Thames 3 times, taste 6 Fullers Brewery beers + finish at Kew Botanic Gardens after a riverside pub.
OR Full day cycle and enjoy our afternoon tea picnic.
- Explore South West London by bike
- Fullers Brewery- 6 x beer tastings
- Professional and knowledgeable tour guide
- Cycle the old parts of the River Thames University Boat Race route
- See historic houses + old pubs
- Riverside pub lunch if you wish
- Cross the River Thames 3 times
- Finish at Kew Botanic Gardens for a visit if you wish or Kew Bridge Train Station (Zone 3)
- Full Day Option: Cycle past boat yards + see 16th C Syon House
- Enjoy our afternoon tea picnic in Syon Park
- Cycle the River Thames to beautiful Richmond Riverside for final pub if you wish
- Return by Richmond Train Station (Zone 4)-District Line Underground or Mainline to London Waterloo
|Included||Half or full day bike tour with professional guide, beer tasting, bike and helmet rental; Full Day- afternoon tea picnic|
|Not included||Pub lunch, Kew Gardens entrance|
|Duration||4 Hours or 7 Hours|
|Participants||Tour takes place with 1 - 10 participants|
|Categories||Culinary Tours, Themed Tours|
Putney Pier, Embankment, London, Großbritannien und Nordirland
Offered byMerry Pedaller Bike Tours
On this tour, you will explore the old River Thames route of South West London, cycling the annual University Boat Race route. This ride has been designed to give you a further insight into traditional British culture and the importance of ale where you will get involved in beer tasting of 6 beers by London's famous Fullers Brewery. You can visit the brewery shop and buy your favourite beer to take away or a souvenir of your experience.
We pass historic houses, old pubs, and Anglo Saxon villages mentioned in the Doomsday Book and finish at Kew Botanic Gardens after a stop for lunch at a traditional pub. You can visit the famous World Heritage Gardens or finish at Kew Bridge Train Station (Zone 3) for trains to Central London.
For those who opt for the Full Day tour, you will enjoy an afternoon tea picnic in the summer in the grounds of the 16th C Syon House. You will pass riverboats and dockyards finishing at the beautiful Richmond Riverside for a final pub if you wish. You return from Richmond Train Station (Zone 4 District Line Underground) to Central London.
Please note that this option is for the more adventurous which involves carrying the bikes up and down steps.