Istanbul has been an important center for Turkish culture for over 550 years. In this event, you will get an introduction to a traditional Turkish show where you will hear classic Turkish folk songs and see the infamous belly dancers.
- See a traditional Turkish show with folk songs and belly dancing
- Full course dinner with the first drink also included
- Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel
|Included||Traditional Turkish evening show, full course dinner, pick up and drop off from your hotel|
|Participants||Event takes place with 1 - 10 participants|
|Categories||Theatre & Shows, Events & Exhibitions|
|Important information||Please contact the provider to arrange pick up from your hotel. You will get their information after booking|
Offered byKaletur Tourism LTD
In this traditional Turkish evening show, you will get an introduction to classical Turkish culture including folk music and of course belly dancing. This form of entertainment has been around for thousands of years and developed in the Middle East and North Africa.
Belly dancing became more popular in the West during the 18th and 19th century when the Ottoman Empire was viewed as an "Oriental" culture and images of harem life in the palaces were being depicted. At the various World Fairs, dancers from the Middle East would perform and draw large crowds so belly dancing became associated with "Oriental" or "Eastern" dancing.
The evening dinner includes:
- Choice of salads
- 9 different choices of Turkish-style mezes (small appetizers)
- 2 kinds of hot mezes
- Choice of main course (beef, chicken, or fish) - vegetarian course is also available
- Seasonal fruits
- First beverage (vodka, gin, raki, beer, or soft drink)